Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day #11

My pictures got bumped last night. Dr. Crider and I decided it would just be best to work with what I have for awhile because taking new pictures doesn't seem to be yielding anything useful. Probably my best set of pictures thus far is Ursula. I have twenty four images that display the asteroid moving across a fairly significant portion of the frame. If nothing else, these pictures have the "cool" factor needed to impress those outside the field. I plan to continue the process of trying to find the dimmest object detactable by PROMPT. Hopefully by stacking pictures I should be able to make out some dim stars and perhaps even dim asteroids that aren't visible in any one frame. Hopefully I'll also be able to get some color filter pictures of the area where Ursula was in my early shots so perhaps I can add some color to my asteroid movie.

No comments: