Friday, June 20, 2008

Day #12

Today I got some good pictures back of the background of star's behind Ursula in the location where my first set was taken. I took these all with the "V" filter. If I'm not mistaken there is a way to add color to these pictures, but I'm not sure how. When I did this before, I used pictures from "G","V", and "B" filters and then combined them. I'm not sure what to do with only one of these components. A few of these background pictures appear to have some dim but visible bodies in them. These interest me, and I'll be using PinPoint and/or Starry Night to try and figure out what they could be. I've got a lot of good pictures of Ursula, a bright asteroid, but I'm not sure how to begin the task of finding a dim one. For the time being, I'm experimenting with different things on my programs and reading a little of the asteroid book. Hopefully Dr. Crider and I can devise a new approach when he returns on Monday.

No comments: