Friday, June 27, 2008

Day #16

Today was kind of a slow day. I got back some color pictures of 2005 WC. However, after a great deal of effort, I could not seem to find anything in any of them that even closely resembled the asteroid I was looking for. They were all very blurry. I'm not sure exactly what caused this. I've got a hunch it was because the pictures must have been taken fairly close to the horizon. Its really annoying that PinPoint won't work the astrometry for most of my 2008 LG2 pictures. I was able to get the RA and Dec for the last telescope position shots, but not for any of the others. I am yet to try searching them using different catalogues, so I'll definitely be doing that in the near future. The biggest asteroid to fly by the earth during my time doing this project will pass by tomorrow night. Sadly, it looks like it won't be visible to PROMPT's telescopes.

No comments: