Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day #14

PROMPT didn't take any of my color filter pictures of 2005 WC last night. I've got a feeling a lot more people are trying to use PROMPT 5 which seems to be the only scope that takes U,B,V filter pictures. I'll try to get those pictures again tonight and also told the other scopes to take open filter ones. Even if I can't get color pictures back, having anything of 2005 WC would be helpful. It would enable me to compare them to my pictures of 2008 LG2. This could help me gauge how the size and distance of a dim asteroid affect how it looks in the pictures. I've been trying to get an estimate of just how bright 2008 LG2 is in my pictures. Although PinPoint won't indicate the flux of what I think to be the dim asteroid, it will tell me the flux of other stars in the pictures. I need to devise a way to figure the brightness of the asteroid using the information I have for those stars.

No comments: