Monday, June 30, 2008

Day #17

Regardless of what catalogue I use, PinPoint will not work the astrometry for nine of my eleven 2008 LG2 pictures. This makes no sense because the same stars that are present in the final two shots are there in the others as well. This is a major disappointment. I'm not sure what else I can try to do with those pictures, my only decent shots of something dim. A quite larger asteroid, 1999 VU is flying close to earth tonight. The PROMPT website is telling me that it won't have great visibility of it, but I may as well give it a shot anyway. There are some very good prospects coming up, but most of them will only be visible from the Northern Hemisphere. This is discouraging as well. I guess I'll just continue trying to get some shots of the few asteroids I should be able to see, although the majority of those are extremely small and/or far away.

No comments: