Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day #15

Once again, PROMPT did not take my pictures of 2005 WC. I guess maybe my luck with getting my pictures taken has run out. I'll try one last time on this asteroid tonight. If I don't get anything back, I think it will be time to switch targets. Dr. Crider and I printed out all my 2008 LG2 pictures today. We were impressed to see how well they matched up and really exhibited the blazing speed of the asteroid. Hopefully I can figure out a good way I could present them to a group of people whether through a camera or some other means. An asteroid twice the size of 2008 LG2 is set to make its earth flyby in a few days so I'm getting excited for that. Right now, I'm mainly trying to figure out the positional coordinates of 2008 LG2 on my pictures. I should also not that, when putting RA and Dec values into Maxim DL, using colons between the hour, minute, second (degree, arcminute, arcsecond) values does not work. Rather, it requires that you just put spaces in between them.

No comments: