Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day #6

Today was very similar to yesterday. I'm not sure whether or not PROMPT took my pictures last night or not. Skynet just says they are "pending". At this point, I'm not sure what "pending" means. Maybe it means PROMPT actually took the pictures, but they're just not available for me to view yet. Maybe my request was bumped. I'm not sure. Either way, I told PROMPT to take pictures of Ursula again tonight, so I guess I'll see if I get anything different tomorrow. I am now able to utilize more of Maxim DL's tools (after Dr. Crider showed me), so my picture imaging abilities are improving. The "stretch screen" function seems to make a lot of difference. Today I brushed up on using PinPoint a little. The main problem I ran into seems was in getting WSC data assigned to the files, so I can then search them for asteroids. I guess a lot of the asteroid pictures in PROMPT's database just don't have any stars included in the catalogue. I really hope PROMPT will give me back some of my own pictures soon, so I can start working with those. I'll post some of my new Maxim DL screens in a minute.

No comments: